Zurich has enjoyed a rich history, from modest beginnings as a Celtic village to influential financial centre. Along the way it has been home to the Protestant Reformation, Russian Communism, and Dadaism.
Join city historian Paul Doolan for a two hour stroll as he guides you along Roman ruins and medieval alleyways, literary cafes and grand hotels, while revealing the city’s secret history of Jewish pogroms and religious executions. Walk in the footsteps of Paracelsus, Casanova, Wagner, Albert Einstein, Rosa Luxemburg, and Lenin. Enjoy the art of Henry Moore, Nikki de St. Phalle, and Sigmar Polke. Be inspired by the city that inspired great writers like Goethe, Victor Hugo, James Joyce, Patricia Highsmith, Franz Kafka, Bertolt Brecht, and Thomas Mann.
This event is a fundraiser for Democrats Abroad Switzerland, although it is open to non-US citizens as well.
- Adults: CHF 10
- Children: CHF 5
Payment can be made ahead of time via bank transfer, PayPal, or Twint.
- I am a United States Citizen; and
- This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization, or national bank; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a person or entity that is a federal contractor; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a joint account for which one or more account holders are not US citizens; and
- The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution; and
- I am at least 18 years old, the funds I am donating are my own personal funds, and I am donating these funds knowingly and voluntarily.
Democrats Abroad Switzerland is a volunteer organization that relies on donations to be able to provide outreach, voter education, and voter registration services. With the critical nature of the 2022 midterms, it is imperative that we raise funds to allow us to reach, register, and motivate as many American voters living in Switzerland as possible.
Please note that if payment is not received prior to the event, you may pay at the door with a surcharge; adult tickets will be CHF 11 and child tickets will be CHF 6.