Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP is pleased to welcome you to our 11th Annual Educational Event. Our focus this year is on balance, wellness and the efficacy of teamwork. This is a free event. Lunch is provided.
As always, our event will cover the latest issues in insurance law and is an excellent opportunity to network with claims handlers, managers and directors from across Ontario.
The Latest Issues in Insurance Law:
- Litigation Insurance (ATE): disbursement case law, types and how it works
- How to get walkaways and protecting from cost awards at pre-trial and trial
- ING v. Merino and questions of material misrepresentation including broker negligence
Keynote: Doron Gold, BA, JD, MSW, RSW, CPCC. Doron is a psychotherapist and former practicing lawyer. His practice focusses on individual, family and group therapy related to issues of depression, anxiety, career and family stress and addiction.
- We are seeing more claims for depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder, phobias, episodic depression, PTSD, MDD at the Licence Appeal Tribunal. What makes these claims different? What are culturally appropriate approaches to mental health issues? What is the expectation for treatment and recovery time? What past medical flags do we look for to argue causation?
- The death of the jury trial and the Simplified Rules. What does that mean for day-to-day file handling?
- The Honourable Justice Todd L. Archibald, Superior Court of Justice
- Doron Gold, BA, JD, MSW, RSW, CPCC Homewood Health
- David Zarek, Partner ZTGH
- Eric Grossman, Partner ZTGH
- Jennifer Griffiths, Partner ZTGH
- Jonathan Schrieder, Counsel ZTGH
- Dr. Mark Dowhaniuk, Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Matthew Owen, Associate ZTGH
- Meghan Hull-Jacquin, Partner Howie Sacks Henry
- Meredith Harper, Associate ZTGH
- Savannah Chorney, Sokoloff Lawyers
- Shannon Wood, Associate ZTGH
- Suzanne Clarke, Associate ZTGH
- Dr. William Gnam, Psychiatrist CAMH
Please register on this site to confirm your spot to avoid disappointment. On the day of the event, we will open our welcome desk at 11a, you do not need to bring a ticket or proof of registration. If you have received a confirmation email from the Eventzilla system, you are on our list.
The program starts at 12p sharp. Lunch will be served, please indicate on your registration form if you have any food sensitivities.
Our networking cocktail reception will start begin in the lobby of the Crystal Ballroom at 4p.
ZTGH is committed to providing reasonable accomodations for all participants in accordance with provincial guidelines. If you have a disability, use assistive technology or need accomodation to fully access the program, please contact Stan firstname.lastname@example.org before October 14th and she will connect with you.