The Gloucester and Sharpness Canal
Sunday 26th January 2020
WELCOME TO THE ONLINE BOOKING PAGE FOR ZANDERMANIA 2020 HERE YOU SHOULD FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
Location: Gloucester Sharpness Canal
Since the first event Zandermania has grown in size and reputation, fished on the fantastic Gloucester and Sharpness Shipping Canal in Gloucestershire. The canal is a little over 16 miles in length with an average depth of 12 foot the quality of the Zander fishing is on a par with anything else available in the country. Over the years we have had several large Zander caught during competitions up to 14.5lb.
We have made the decision to move the event to January as this is the prime time of year for big Zander to give competitors the best advatage, Gary having caught his 17lb Zander last year at this time resulting in a Drennan award!
Zandermania 2020 will again be based from Hempsted as this allows us to give the competitors far more water to go at and allows us to introduce new elements to the competition. The meeting point will as per last year be held at Hempsted Bridge and anglers will have the full stretch right through to Purton, there will be several synchronised meeting/start points along the stretch ensuring plenty of water to fish.
We intend to make this the best predator event held in the UK with teams of two competing as pairs to be crowned Zandermania champions.
With the phenominal success of the Junior competition we will be holding a Junior event later in the year however we have decided to split the competitions for 2020 so the Juniors will not fish alongside the main event. The Junior event details will be published asap, we have also decided to move the Junior location for 2020 to give the young anglers a better chance of catching, keep an eye on our FB page for updates.
The prize fund with Zanderania is always great and we are expecting this year to be better than ever before.
07.15 Gates Open
07.30 Registration & Bacon Rolls, Competitors Collect Match Packs (Competition Log Sheet, Official Measure etc.)
08.25 Pre Match Briefing
08.30 Match Start (any teams driving to the starting points can leave, any teams starting on foot will be released via random draw) IF YOU WILL BE DRIVING TO YOUR START POINT DO NOT PARK IN THE DESIGNATED PARKING AREA, ALTERNATIVE PARKING SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE NEAR THE MEETING POINT
15.30 Match Finish, Cards to be returned to Registration Point, hot food supplied
16.15 Trophy Presentation & Prize Giving
· All competitors must carry their Rod License with them
· Fishing is with lures only
· Each angler may only fish with one rod at a time (although they may carry as many rods as they wish)
· Each angler may only use one lure at a time (no multi-lure rigs)
· All teams must photograph all fish caught on the fish measure provided (on an unhooking mat) and with their competitor’s card in the picture using a camera or phone that allows photos to be viewed. All pictures need to be taken with the Zander flat on the measure nose to the left and measured to the fork of the tail with the day card in view. All measurements rounded up to the nearest cm
· All anglers must carry a suitable unhooking mat and net
· The winners will be decided by which team catches the longest combined length of five Zander
· Prizes awarded to the top teams plus longest Zander
· The judge’s decision is final