The Gloucester and Sharpness Canal
Saturday 02nd March 2019
WELCOME TO THE ONLINE BOOKING PAGE FOR ZANDERMANIA 2019 HERE YOU SHOULD FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
Location: Gloucester Sharpness Canal
Since the first event Zandermania has grown in size and reputation, fished on the fantastic Gloucester and Sharpness Shipping Canal in Gloucestershire. The canal is a little over 16 miles in length with an average depth of 12 foot the quality of the Zander fishing is on a par with anything else available in the country. Over the years we have had several large Zander caught during competitions up to 14.5lb.
Zandermania 2019 will again be based from Hempsted. This will allow us to give the competitors far more water to go at and allows us to introduce new elements to the competition. We have booked a minimum of 10 miles to start but can extend this if required, there will be several synchronised meeting/start points along the stretch ensuring plenty of water to fish.
Again with the location it gives us the chance to get hot food after the competition organised, and as requested a small traders village.
We intend to make this the best predator event held in the UK with a limit of 50 teams of two competing as pairs to be crowned Zandermania champions.
With the phenominal success of the junior competition we will be running it again the same format as before.
The prize fund with Zanderania is always massive and we are expecting this year to be better than ever before. As well as the pairs the junior teams have there wn prize fund to go for.
07.00 Gates Open
07.00-07.45 Competitors Collect Match Packs (Competition Log Sheet, Official Measure, Date Card, Pen)
07.45 Pre Match Briefing
08.00 Match Start
16.00 Match Finish
16.30 All returns to be handed in by both team members
17.00 Prize Giving
· All competitors must carry their Rod License with them
· Fishing is with lures only
· Each angler may only fish with one rod at a time (although they may carry as many rods as they wish)
· Each angler may only use one lure at a time (no multi-lure rigs)
· All teams must photograph all fish caught on the fish measure provided (on an unhooking mat) and with their competitor’s card in the picture using a camera or phone that allows photos to be viewed. All pictures need to be taken with the Zander flat on the measure nose to the left and measured to the fork of the tail with the day card in view. All measurements rounded up to the nearest cm
· All anglers must carry a suitable unhooking mat and net
· The winners will be decided by which team catches the longest combined length of five Zander
· Prizes awarded to the top ten teams plus longest Zander
· The judge’s decision is final