Our WSA Fall Association meeting is coming up soon! It's October 22-24 in Spokane, WA at the Historic Davenport Hotel. We have a great lineup!
We have a lot going on in both Olympia and DC that affect all our programs and parents, and you'll get the latest and be able to provide some meaningful insight as we move forward on many exciting initiatives, including ECEAP expansion, new licensing requirements, and the potential for a new Early ECEAP 0-3 program and universal pre-k for families beyond ECEAP eligibility level.
The agenda includes:
- The Future of Early Learning in Washington. Wow, huge topic! There are big plans brewing for 2020 and beyond. How do we ensure that ALL children who need high quality services get it and are ready to succeed in kindergarten? How do we partner with parents to strengthen families and connect them to needed resources? How do we FUND all this? Senate Majority Leader Andy Billig will be here to fire us up for 2020, and you can help us guide this process and learn how to advocate for our kids!
- Racial Equity Professional Learning Circle (All day 10/23). We all know this is important, but how do we deepen the conversation with our staff and parents, and how do we create an equitable and supportive environment in our programs, classrooms and policy councils? Rekah Strong, Executive Director of Educational Opportunities for Children and Families in Vancouver, wowed our directors this summer and will dig deeper for this day-long training for parents, staff and directors.
- Serving Children with Special Needs. Head Start and ECEAP are seeing more and more children with special needs. We’re working with several people to provide information about inclusion, navigating the IEP system, and more.
- Strengthening Families training for parents and staff, with Victoria Hilt
- Parent (and staff and director!) advocacy and how together we can change the world for young children and their families
- The latest on our exciting ECEAP legislative agenda and what's going on in Washington DC
And much more! Stay tuned for the full agenda coming soon.
October 22: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (lunch included)
October 23: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (lunch included)
October 24: 9:00am – 12:00 pm
Full Conference: $260 WSA member, $310 non-member (includes 3 days, 2 lunches)
One Day: $120 WSA Member, $140 non-member (includes lunch)
Click to register: Historic Davenport Hotel
Rates: $108 single, $118 double, $128 triple
Address: 10 S Post St, Spokane, WA 99201
Phone: (509) 455-8888
Book today - deadline is September 20 to guarantee!