Join us to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the women's suffrage by honoring women wine makers at our first Wine Whine of 2020!
Sommelier Steph will lead us through a tasting of wines paired with food. Each wine comes from women-owned or operated wine makers from Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy, or the US. Come learn more about these fantastic women wine-makers and their wines!
Snacks and wine tastings are included in the CHF 25 entry.
- Americans: CHF 40 (CHF 15 donation to DACH included)
- Non-Americans: CHF 25
The garden of a private residence in Basel 4051. Due to risks of COVID-19, the tasting will be held outside, in the garden. It will be canceled in the event of rain. The address will be sent to you upon registration and proof of payment.
About Sommelier Steph
After devoting 17 years to emergency and critical care veterinary nursing, Steph decided to leave medicine and turn her much-loved wine hobby into a second career. She began working at a Finger Lakes winery where she immersed herself in every aspect of wine making: vineyard experience, harvest and crust, and the tasting room where she honed her skills in food and wine paring. While working in the winery, she joined a company which provided small, semi-private, educational wine tours within the FLX region. Within this time, she also became beverage manager and wine capital of a high-end catering company, where she was able to continue her work with local winemakers in putting together tasting menus for private events.
She obtained her sommelier training through The Court of Master Sommeliers ad is a member of the Guild of Sommeliers. She is currently a member of the sommelier team at Les Trois Rois, a 5-star hotel in Basel, where she serves as the bar sommelier and bar supervisor.
She lives in Muttenz with her husband Richard, her dog Gracie, and her super adorable kitties Ophelia and Mister.
- I am a United States Citizen; and
- This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization, or national bank; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a person or entity that is a federal contractor; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a joint account for which one or more account holders are not United States citizens; and
- The funds I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution; and
- I am at least 18 years old, the funds I am donating are my own personal funds, and I am donating these funds knowingly and voluntarily.
Democrats Abroad Switzerland is a volunteer organization that relies on donations to be able to provide outreach, voter education, and voter registration services. With the critical nature of the 2020 election, it is imperative that we raise funds to allow us to reach, register, and motivate as many American voters living in Switzerland as possible.
Please note that if a bank transfer is not completed prior to the event, you may pay at the door with a surcharge. American tickets will be CHF 42 and Non-American tickets will be CHF 27.