Western Branch is a journey along remote country backroads and secluded forestry tracks. A hidden gem in the Mt Stanley Region that is spread across 3 council jurisdictions (Somerset, Gympie & South Burnett). This is a genuine 'off the grid experience' - no mobile service, no Google Maps listing, no traffic, no people. You'll be running among herds of cattle that graze the valleys of Western and Eastern Branch. This is a trail running experience like no other. Welcome to COUNTRY QUEENSLAND!!!
- Start/Finish Line: Mt Stanley Campdraft Grounds – 116 Eastern Branch Road (follow signage)
- Start Time: 6.10AM, Saturday June 11
- Race Briefing 5.55AM
- Western Branch 100km (1992m Elevation Gain)
- Western Branch Marathon (837m Elevation Gain)
- See course maps in photo gallery
Cut Off Times
Western Branch 100km - 24 hour cut off
Western Branch Marathon - 8 hour cut off
Aid Stations will be located at least every 20km on the 100km course, and at least every 10km on the marathon course.
There will be no crew access on the course besides the start/finish line. 100km runners have the option of 1 drop bag at the halfway point of the course.
Campsites are available at the Mt Stanley Campdraft grounds. There is a $20 entry which is included in the ticket price. The venue has toilets, power, licenced bar.
· Fully charged head lamp (100km runners)
· High visibility clothing or vest (green, blue, pink, yellow, purple, red, orange). Black, white, and grey clothing is not recommended
· At least 2 x 600ml water bottles
· Snake bandage
· Extra headlamp battery for 100km runners
· Hydration vest
· Drop bag for 100km runners
For regular updates and news on all things WESTERN BRANCH, please follow our Facebook page ‘Western Branch 100’.