Wellington Fencing & Ski Camp | 15-24 August 2018 ? Wellington, New Zealand
All Costs + 10% Service Fee
(Total ~USD3,900 per Fencer)
- Fencing Camp at Wellington High School Gymnasium, Wellington;
- Skiing Camp at Mount Ruapehu Ski Resort, Whakapapa, Central Island.
Camp Period : 10 days total
- 15-17 August -- Fencing Camp, 3 days;
- 18-19 August -- Competition, 2 days;
- 20-24 August -- Skiing Camp, 5 days.
- 3 nos. per day, 2.5 hours per session;
- Session 1 0900-1130 - Mainly younger fencers
- Session 2 1230-1500 - More experienced fencers 10+ years old
- Session 3 1600-1830 - More experienced fencers 10+ years old
- 2 nos. per day, 2.5 hours per session;
- Session 1 0900-1130 - Mainly younger skiers
- Session 2 1300-1530 - Afternoon Session for skiers 10+ years old
Deadline of Accepting Fencers : 30 June 2018
Registration Confirmation : All FCs to extend the final list of applicants to Coach Cui on or before 30 June.
- Session 1 : Coached by Susan
- Session 2 & 3 : Coached by Wayne and Coach Daniel
- Session 1 & 2 : Coached by Dong & Local qualified skiing coach
Competition : 11 August 2018 (2-day)
U20 National Tournament Central New Zealand
- Weapon : Foil, Epee & Saber
- Group : U20
- Schedule : Competition schedule; details TBA
U12 Invitational Challenge
- Weapon : Foil only
- Group : U12 & U10
- Schedule : Competition schedule; details TBA
FENCING PROGRAM (daily program to-be-finalized)
- Indoor Training : Warm-up, Group drill, Group fencing, Individual fencing with Coach Susan, Wayne and Daniel
- Outdoor Training : Group drill; location to be confirmed
- Private Lesson : 30-minute; between sessions; Available upon prior arrangement
- Beginners' Lesson : Small group and individual beginners' lessons to be conducted by Lower Hutt and Wellington South coaches on the venue.
SKIING PROGRAM (daily program to-be-finalized)
- Beginners' Lesson : Small group and individual beginners' lessons to be conducted by Coach Dong and local resort coaches on the venue.
- Intermediate's Training : Warm-up, Group drill, Small Group skiing, Individual skill advance skiing clinics with Coach Dong and local resort coaches
- Private Lesson : 60-minute per session; Available upon prior arrangement
- FREE for all participated fencers; early enrollment is required
- Daily Conversations with NZ English Qualified Teachers, Coach Susan
- Fencing-related Topic Research & Presentation Workshop during lunch for participated fencers
- Show & Tell Session after dinner for participated fencers.
Casual Visit to Wellington Primary School and Wellington High School, Wellington, New Zealand; National Park School, Ruapehu.
Tourist Spots in Wellington : Mount Victoria, Museum of New Zealand, Old St. Paul's, Hutt Valley, aka Harcourt Park, Kaitoke Regional Park ...
USD3,900 for 10 days (All Costs + 10% Service Charge).
Private Lesson - NZD70 per 30-minute lesson, with your selected Coach; reserve with STEPIO earlier once completing pre-registration; subject to in-advance booking and availability.
- NZD30 for each entry of Central U20 and Invitational Challenge
- for each participant per category (individual or group or age)
- Coach In-Charge : Coach Wayne
- New Zealand Coach : Coach Susan and Coach Daniel
- Support Coach : 2 assistant coaches from Low Hutt and Christchurch South Fencing Clubs.
- Volunteer : for care-taking (volunteer parents), coaching (volunteer fencers), translation (Wellington High School students), referee (fencers & club coaches).
Age : 8-20 years old
Gender : Male/Female
Target No. of Fencers : 20 (10 from NZ)
Maximum No. of Fencers : 40 (20 from NZ)
Nationality : 10 NZers; 5 Chinese; 5 Other countries
Criteria : fencers to participate in full program (2 sessions per day for 5 days) should have higher priority.
Accommodation : Included, can be arranged for foreign fencers and local fencers from remoted areas; Wellington City Hotel and Ruapehu Resorts; rates to be confirmed (with and without breakfast).
Tavel Cost : Included; Local transport, to and from venues included; international flight round-trip included; subject to availability of seats.
Daily Meal : Included; Breakfast, lunch and dinner; others to be self-arranged
Potluck Dinner : Included; NZD20 per fencer; 24 August evening.
Souvenirs for Fencer : Included; Camp Sourvenirs and Prizes for Tournament;
Camp Completion Certificate : Included; In English; Co-issued by all clubs and STEPIO
Insurance : Included; Public Indemnity insurance is covered by the Event; Individual general travel insurance is included,
- Coach Susan Grant-Taylor, Hutt Valley Swords Club
- Coach Wayne Cui, Hutt Valley Swords Club
- Coach Daniel Chen, Wellington South Fencing Club
- Coach Richards, Mount Ruapehu Skiing Resort
- Coach Dong, Beijing Yibu Club
- Edward Pak, STEPIO Camps
Cancellation is FREE.