REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CLOSED; THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST
Budgets for delivering care packages are under scrutiny, and with the demographic of an increasingly ageing population, the future is going to be determined by our choices today.
At Wealden Rehab, we believe that care packages can be rationalised and justified by the consideration of three key areas:
- The risk profile of the patient
- The environment to work within
- The equipment available
This event is designed to empower those working with these challenges to make decisions on care packages which will continue to deliver at the very highest level, whilst reducing the overall cost to the budget.
Who is this event for?
Wealdex London is aimed at Occupational therapists, Loan Store Managers, Commissioners and Therapy lead personnel, primarily from London
In an exciting line-up, we will have presentations from the following speakers, who can broaden our outlook on this increasingly common topic;
Deborah Harrison – Specialises in manual handling and single handed care, advising to social care, NHS, education and case management sectors
Julia Love – Member of National Back Exchange and advanced advisor in undertaking complex risk assessments
Melanie Sturman - a RGN with over 15 years’ experience in moving and handling
At this event you will discover:
- Easy environmental changes that can lead to dramatic changes to the care budget
- Clinical reasoning skills to help justify risk assessment decisions, especially when considering the handling plan for a carer working alone.
- How clinicians should manage professional integrity when providing solutions
- How to use online technology to reduce common manual handling errors
- How single handed care can positively affect hospital discharge process and patient flow
- 0830 - Registration and coffee
- 0930 - Registration closes
- 0945 - Presentation: Deborah Harrison - "HOW CAN ONLINE TECHNOLOGY REDUCE COMMON MANUAL HANDLING ERRORS?"
- 1045 - Coffee Break
- 1115 - Presentation: Julia Love - "RISK ASSESSMENTS AND THE COMPLEX DECISIONS THAT FACE ASSESSORS"
- 1215 - Buffet Lunch & Exhibition Networking
- 1315 - Presentation: Deborah Harrison "HOW CAN SINGLE HANDED CARE POSTIVELY AFFECT THE HOSPITAL DISCHARGE PROCESS?"
- 1345 - Comfort Break
- 1400 - Presentation: Melanie Sturman - "COMPLEX CASES, THEIR EQUIPMENT SOLUTIONS AND PRESENTING AT PANEL" - An interactive workshop
- 1500 - Event wrap-up, Coffee & cake, Networking
- 1600 - Event closes
Notes for delegates:
- The venue is on the Brunel University campus. Parking is free for the event but cars will need to display a specific ticket which will be provided on arrival.
- You can discover ways to arrive on campus by visiting the University 'Finding Us' page HERE
- If you're arriving by Underground, you need to head for Uxbridge station, on Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines.
- For bus journeys, take the U3 Bus and alight on the Cleveland Road stop, for an easy walk to the venue.
- Free WiFi will be available on the day, and your personal login code will be provided at the registration desk.