Students that are interested in STEM or tech careers outside of "coding" are invited to take part in this special event with ThoughtSpot!
Targeted at young women grades 5-9
- Learn how to tell a data story by getting hands-on with analytics!
- Build your very own dashboard and learn about data fundamentals
- Hear about tech careers outside of those that require software development
There are a limited number of seats available for this event, so please register early!
For only $25*, all students receive a t-shirt, swag, three hours of hands-on programming that teaches about the intersection of art & math while they can create their own data story and dashboard.
What will you need to participate in this event
1. Computer with internet connectivity and web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
2. A camera and microphone to be able to share work
Targeted at young women grades 5-8, but any student is welcomed.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is at 11am Pacific Time / 1pm Central Time / 2pm Eastern Time
Do I need to know how to use a computer before I attend this event?
This will be a virtual webinar event. Girls will need the help of their parent or guardian to login into the event url.
Girls who have the most fun and are most successful in this workshop have basic computer skills before attending.
These participants are able to navigate and control a computer on their own and understand concepts such as double clicking, clicking and dragging, how to open and close applications, and internet browsers.
What do I do on the day of?
Girls will need to sign into the event a few minutes before webinar start time to ensure we start on time.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The event is targeted at young women grades 5-8, but with strong computing skills a younger attendee will enjoy themselves.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.girlsplusdata.org for more information
What is the refund policy?
At this time our partnership with EventZilla does not allow refunds.
What webinar tool is girls+data using?
At this time we are leveraging Zoom's webinar feature.
What measures is girls+data doing to ensure a safe virtual training experience?
With the latest Zoom issues, girls+data is taking the following security measures:
- password protected Zoom webinars
- only registered email addresses will be admitted
- webinar will not start without the host
- volunteers monitoring the chat
- restricted content sharing to girls+data hosts only
*Limited needs-based scholarships are also available. See www.girlsplusdata.org for more information.