Students that are interested in STEM or tech careers outside of "coding" are invited to take part in a virtual career panel focused on data + design!
Targeted at young women grades 5-9, but any student is welcome.
- Data is used in creative fields too!
- Roles in art, design, and fashion use data on a day to day basis
- Hear from panelists with diverse backgrounds and learn about how they use data in design
There are a limited number of seats available for this event, so please register early!
PLEASE NOTE: This event is at 11am Pacific Time / 1pm Central Time / 2pm Eastern Time
Do I need to know how to use a computer before I attend this event?
This will be a webinar event. Girls will need the help of their parent or guardian to login into the event url.
What do I do on the day of?
Girls will need to sign into the event a few minutes before webinar start time to ensure we start on time.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The event is targeted at young women grades 5-9, but with strong computing skills a younger attendee will enjoy themselves.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email email@example.com or visit www.girlsplusdata.org for more information
What is the refund policy?
At this time our partnership with EventZilla does not allow refunds.
What webinar tool is girls+data using?
At this time we are leveraging Zoom's webinar feature.
What measures is girls+data taking to ensure a safe virtual training experience?
With the latest Zoom issues, girls+data is taking the following the security measures:
- password protected Zoom webinars
- only registered email addresses will be admitted
- webinar will not start without the host
- volunteers monitoring the chat
- restricted content sharing to girls+data hosts only