You know designing something your users actually want is key to successful products and services. But howcan you find out what they want in the first place? During this course, you will discover the fundamental tools of qualitative user research, as well as ways to uncover and communicate your insights - plus tips on how to overcome common obstacles for first-time researchers.
Because user research is no mystery - just learning how to listen and empathize with other humans like you.
Who is this training for?
Freelancers, entrepreneurs, aspiring UX designers, those who place the needs and desires of their user at the heart of their business.
During the course you will learn:
- “Know thine user”: who do you need to talk with?
- The mindset of a user researcher: how to approach and listen to your user
- Quantitative or Qualitative research? What they are, benefits of both and how to choose when to use one or the other
- User interview: how to prepare for effective user interviews (understand what you want to know, create the right questions…), how to conduct a semi-structured interview, empathy maps
- Overview of other methods: observation (AEIOU), cognitive walkthrough, user research in other phases of the Design Thinking process
- User research deliverables: personas, customer journey, user stories, stakeholder map and sense-making methods
- Common blocks of user research & how to overcome them
When and where?
19th August 2019
Art Square Lab office, Luxembourg City
Who are the facilitators:
Magdalena Jakubowska: Dedicated to develop memorable user experiences using design research, co-creation and prototyping. Since 2010 I design and facilitate adult learning experiences following human-centred methodologies like Design Thinking.
Piotr Gawel: Social psychologist passionate about creativity and social innovation. I am addicted to creative energy of co-creation!
Terms and conditions:
· Max number of people is 8.
· A minimum of 4 people to run the course.
· We will notify and refund you if this event is cancelled.
· No refund for withdrawal within 24 hours of the workshop date.
· 50% refund for withdrawal within 7 days of the workshop date.
· Tickets are transferable to other people but not to other courses.
Art Square Lab est agrée par le ministère de l’Economie en tant qu’organisme de formation professionnelle continue.
Art Square Lab is accredited by the Ministry of Economy as a Professional Training organisation.
You want to know more? Let’s talk or What’s app: 00352 691 307 400