February 26-March 1, 2023
This TRICOM LE Fundamentals Instructor course includes in-depth training in each primary sub-topic necessary for a fundamental police defensive tactics course. This includes many high-probability low-risk tasks, along with low-probability high-risk situations. We cover elements of the following TRICOM modules:
- Natural Impact Weapons (strikes/ checks/ distractions)
- Gross Motor Control Dynamics
- Advanced Tactical Baton
- Duty Knife as a Backup Weapon
- Edged Weapon Countermeasures.
- Tactical Clinch (Clinch fighting in a weapons-based environment.)
- Ground S.E.R.E. (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape.)
- Weapon Retention
This course is hosted by the Collin County Sheriff's Office and instructed by TRICOM Master Instructors.
Participants in this course must be current or reserve LE/Mil, licensed security professionals, holders of a current state-issued Concealed Firearms Permit, and all others must provide a recent State-issued clean criminal background check.
All course participants will require:
- Training t-shirt / top, 5.11 or BDU cargo pants, indoor mats shoes
- Duty belt, Blue training gun or SIRT training pistol
- Personal training knife; or one may be provided by the Host Agency
- Personal focus mitts and boxing or MMA gloves
- All participants are responsible for their own meals, snacks and hyrdration
- DO NOT bring any live firearms or OC spray into the training environment
All participants are responsible for their own accommodations.
- Government agencies may pay by check or online invoice.
- We ask that all course participants register individually.
Over the past two decades, the TRICOM system has become an integral part of various law enforcement departments, military organizations, and executive protection agencies on a global scale. TRICOM has been adopted and accepted by some of the world's most elite police military organizations, and is accredited on its own merits.
The TRICOM modules (Tri-Angle Combatives) are the result of 35 years of martial arts experience with 18 years of experience teaching police and miltary defensive tactics and combatives programs.