This TRICOM Fundamentals for Law Enforcement Instructor Certification course is hosted by the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy in this 5-day training event. The TRICOM modules are instructed so they interleave within each other covering various subject matters from controlling a non-compliant subject with the Tactical Clinch and Gross Motor Control Dynamics, integrating empty-hand tactics with Natural Impact Weapons, re-instilling the effectiveness of the Expandable Baton, surviving and defending on the ground in Ground SERE and countermeausures against Edged Weapons. The training course will also cover Duty Knife as a Backup Weapon - the most sought after TRICOM module.
Participants in this course must be current LE/Mil or credentialed security professionals.
All course participants will require:
- Training t-shirt / top, 5.11 or BDU cargo pants, indoor mats shoes
- Duty belt, Blue training gun or SIRT training pistol, expandable baton
- Personal training knife; or one may be provided by the Host Agency
- Personal focus mitts; or a pair may be provided by the Host Agency
- All participants are responsible for their own meals, snacks and hyrdration
- DO NOT bring any live firearms or OC spray into the training environment
WLEA accommodations on campus may be available (307)358-3617 directly for more information.
- Government agencies may pay be check or online invoice.
- We ask that all course participants register individually.
Over the past two decades, the TRICOM system has become an integral part of various law enforcement departments, military organizations, and executive protection agencies on a global scale. TRICOM has been adopted and accepted by some of the world's most elite police military organizations, and is accredited on its own merits.
The TRICOM modules (Tri-Angle Combatives) are the result of 35 years of martial arts experience with 18 years of experience teaching police and miltary defensive tactics and combatives programs.
The primary instructor for this course, Jared Wihongi is a world-renown Close Quarter Combat Instructor. He is a student of multiple martial arts and combative systems but specializes in the baton and blade-based combat arts of the Philippines. He has 20 years of experience in law enforcement and 17 years serving on SWAT Teams and as a Use of Force Instructor within that duration.