Workshop #2 Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA: Emergent Technologies and Broadband Applications
Tues. August 25, 2020 10am - 12pm ET | Thurs. July 27 12pm - 2pm ET
This second of three Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA Virtual Workshops will focus on Emergent Broadband Technologies and Applications.
During this two part interactive workshop, participating libraries will learn more about the following topics:
• Overview/Review of Toward Gigabit Libraries Internet2 national project and Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA project
• Emergent Broadband Technologies and Applications
• Wireless, mesh wireless, TV Whitespace, Education Broadband Spectrum (EBS), 5G/6G
• Case Studies: Broadband Success Stories/Deployments in other states and regions
• Building broadband capacity and engaging community stakeholders
Workshop Facilitators: Jennifer Oxenford, Director, Research and Community Engagement, KINBER and Carson Block, Principal, Carson Block Library Consulting
Please register by August 23, 2020, to guarantee your spot! A confirmation email with webinar details and insturctions on how to join will be sent to you prior to the webinar.
Participation in the workshop is virtual and can be via audio only via a traditional phone line or through an internet based connection via your standard web broswer.
This project is made possible, in part, by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) as administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education through the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.