Workshop #1 Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA: Broadband Fundamentals
Tues. July 21, 2020 10am - 12pm ET | Thurs. July 23 12pm - 2pm ET
This first of three Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA Workshops will focus on Broadband Fundamentals.
During this two part interactive workshop, participating libraries will learn more about the following topics:
• Toward Gigabit Libraries Internet2 IMLS funded national project overview and update
• Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA LSTA funded project overview and update
• The Broadband Toolkit and Broadband Improvement Plan
• Library network best practices
• Broadband definition(s) and implications for public libraries
• Broadband funding, e-rate and other resources for PA public libraries
• Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA Fellows Cohort
Workshop Facilitators: Jennifer Oxenford, Director, Research and Community Engagement, KINBER and Carson Block, Principal, Carson Block Library Consulting
Please register by July 19, 2020, to guarantee your spot! A confirmation email with webinar details and insturctions on how to join will be sent to you prior to the webinar.
Participation in the workshop is virtual and can be via audio only via a traditional phone line or through an internet based connection via your standard web broswer.
This project is made possible, in part, by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) as administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education through the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.