DATE: Tuesday, nights
This dance jam is supported by the Toronto Arts Council, the Ontario Trillium Foundation, and the Canada Heritage Foundation.
6:00 to 7:00 Contact Improvisation
7:00 to 8:40
8:40 pm - Closing Circle
8:45 to 9:45 Artist in Residence
You will need to read RDDP's Dance Jam Guidelines prior to your first time attending:
RDDP Dance Jam guidelines
Helpful Tips for Beginners
DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
If you are new to Contact Improvisation and you are part of a visible or invisible underrepresent group you can receive free entrance for a six-month period.
LOCATION: Beach United Church: 140 Wineva Ave, Toronto, ON M4E 2T4
ACCESS: Wheelchair accessible studio and washrooms. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require accommodation or if you have any questions about access.
The class before the dance jam
$7.50 financially in need of support
$10.00 financially in need of support
$15.00 financially in need of support
$25.00 I can give some extra support to the jam
$30 I can give extra support to the jam
FACILITATOR: Kathleen Rea and Jeff Moskal
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: A mask that covers the nose, mouth, and chin. you might want knee pads and a bottle of water
COVID SAFTEY PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS:
- Do you agree to read through and agree to our RDDP Dance jam guidelines prior to entrance: RDDP Dance Jam guidelines
- if you are a beginner t do agree to read through RDDP's beginner tip sheet?
- Do you agree to bring proof of vaccination status to the jam (must be official government QR code)?
- Do you agree to wear a mask when requested to do so?
- Do you agree to bring a clean mask that you will put on when you start dancing? We ask that this be a different mask than you wear for your travel and arrival to the dance jam.
- Do you agree to perform a COVID antigen rapid test prior to your entrance when asked to do so?
- Do you agree to disinfect your hands prior to dancing?
- Are you experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms: shortness of breath/breathing difficulties, fever, coughing, loss of smell or taste, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, chills, night sweats? If so you must not attend the Toronto Tuesday Dance Jam. We will give you a refund if you have already paid.
- Have you knowingly been in contact with anyone who has contracted COVID-19 in the last 5 days? If so please notify public health and you must not attend Toronto Tuesday Dance Jam. We will give you a refund if you have already paid.
- Have you returned from traveling outside of Canada in the last 5 days? If please so you must not attend the Dance Jam until 5 days symptom-free have passed or until you have had a negative COVID test result performed three days after arriving home.
- Do you agree to keep a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and those not in your household or social bubbles/pods when not training in Contact Improvisation?
- Do you agree to preregister and to let us gather contact tracings info.
- Do you agree to the following notification policy: If someone at the Dance Jam reports having COVID and having recently attended a jam we will let all attendees know without giving out the person's name. Then everyone would monitor for symptoms and if there is deemed to be community spread we would shut down for one week.
- Do you recognize that despite these screening, disinfecting, mask-wearing, and antigen testing protocols there is still be some risk in meeting socially indoor to practice contact improvisation? Do you understand that even though vaccination provides some protection from catching COVID and a much-reduced risk of ending up in the ICU that vaccinated people can still catch and spread COVID and may still require medical care? Do you accept this risk as part of your participation?
Please note participants can take a mask break when they need by going for a walk around the block and then returning. Unmasked attendees must not take mask breaks at the entrance to the building. Unmasked attendees must not congregate close to the entrance doors to the building.
All refunds will be minus a %5 admin fee charg