DATE: Tuesday, nights (We are running all through December except not Tuesday, Dec 27 due to the church being closed)
6:00 to 7:00 Contact Improvisation Class
7:00 to 8:45 Dance Jam (live music set from 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm)
8:45 pm - Closing Circle
SIZE LIMIT: None
You will need to read RDDP's Dance Jam Guidelines prior to your first time attending:
RDD's dance Jam Guidelines
RDD's Beginner Tip Sheet
LOCATION: Beach United Church: 140 Wineva Ave, Toronto, ON M4E 2T4
ACCESS: Wheelchair-accessible studio and washrooms. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require accommodation or if you have any questions about access.
The class before the dance jam
$5:00 to $10.00 - Sliding scale rate
$10 to $25.00 Sliding scale rate
$30.00 Giving extra support
$30.00 Giving extra support
$35.00 Giving extra support
Please choose the rate that works for you. Your rate can change weekly as your situation changes.
DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
If you are new to Contact Improvisation and you are part of a visible or invisible underrepresented group you can receive free entrance for a six-month period.
The sliding scale is designed to increase financial accessibility. Please choose the rate on our sliding scale that works for you. There is no need to fill in a form to do this; your rate can change weekly as your situation changes. If you require more support than the sliding scale offers please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
FACILITATORS: Kathleen Rea and Jeff Moskal
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: A clean mask (not one you have been wearing already) that covers the nose, mouth, and chin. you might want knee pads and a bottle of water
- Do you agree to read through and comply with our RDD's dance Jam Guidelines at the point of purchase?
- If you are a beginner to CI do you agree to read through RDD's Beginner Tip Sheet prior to entrance to the event?
- Do you agree not to attend if you are sick? Are you experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms: breathing difficulties, fever, coughing, loss of smell or taste, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, chills, and/or night sweats? If so you must not attend the Toronto Tuesday Dance Jam. We will give you a refund if you have already paid.
- Do you recognize that despite these screening, disinfecting, mask-wearing, and antigen testing protocols there is still some risk in meeting socially indoors to practice contact improvisation? Do you accept this risk as part of your participation?
- DISTRIBUTING COVID TEST KITS: REAson d' etre dance production (RDDP) is now a distributor of COVID tests. You can pick up a five-pack of tests at our desk.
- TEST AT HOME: We will not be testing at the front desk anymore and instead are asking that participants test at home. It is done on the honor system. Upon arriving you will sign a sheet saying that you have tested at home. If you have not tested at home we will give you a box of five tests and you can find a spot to test yourself.
- THROAT, CHEEK, and NOSTRILS: We ask that all testers swab their throat, checks, and nostrils as this method has been proven as the best way to test for COVID.
- MASKING: Masking is optional but during a COVID wave such as we are in right now RDDP highly suggest and encourages attendees mask as much as they can. During COVID waves as well RDDP staff will remain masked.
- VACCINE: All levels of vacations and non-vaccination are welcome
All refunds will be minus a %5 admin fee charge.
This dance jam is supported by the Toronto Arts Council, the Ontario Trillium Foundation, and the Canada Heritage Foundation.