DATE: Starts Tuesday, September 28, 2021, and runs weekly from then with a break over December Holidays.
This dance jam is supported by the Toronto Arts Council and the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
6:30 pm to 7:00 - Arrival and go through COVID protocol.
7:00 pm to 7:15 pm - Warm-up
7:15 pm to 8:45 pm - Dance jam
8:45 Closing Circle
CLASS SIZE LIMIT:
In Opening Phase # 3 we are allowed 25 people in the room. So we allowing 23 registered participants (So with two facilitators our number will be within the 25 )
You will need to read RDDP's Dance Jam Guidelines prior to your first time attending: RDDP Dance Jam guidelines
LOCATION: Beach United Church: 140 Wineva Ave, Toronto, ON M4E 2T4
ACCESS: Wheelchair accessible studio and washrooms. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation or if you have any questions about access.
$7.50 financially in need of support
$10.00 financially in need of support
$15.00 financially in need of support
$25.00 I can give some extra support to the jam
$30 I can give extra support to the jam
MUSIC AND TEACHERS: At this time RDDP cannot afford to pay for live music or for contracted teachers. Also during phase three, the teaching of contact sports is not allowed. The practice of contact sport is allowed. So for right now, there is no class before the jam. This means that Kathleen will be leading a warm-up and will be curating recorded music. Hopefully, as the pandemic gets better we can return to live music and a roster of teachers.
FACILITATOR: Kathleen Rea and Jeff Moskal
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: A mask that covers the nose, mouth, and chin. you might want knee pads and a bottle of water
COVID SAFTEY PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS:
- Do you agree to read through and agree to our RDDP Dance jam guidelines prior to entrance: RDDP Dance Jam guidelines
- Do you agree to bring proof of vaccination status to the jam?
- Do you agree to wear a mask when requested to do so? See below for the current masking protocol.
- Do you agree to bring a clean mask that you will put on when you start dancing? We ask that this be a different mask than you wear for your travel and arrival to the dance jam.
- Do you agree to perform a COVID antigen rapid test prior to your entrance when asked to do so? See below for the current testing protocol.
- Do you agree to disinfect your hands prior to dancing?
- Are you experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms: shortness of breath/breathing difficulties, fever, coughing, loss of smell or taste, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, chills? If so please seek medical attention and you must not attend the Toronto Tuesday Dance Jam. We will give you a refund if you have already paid.
- Have you knowingly been in contact with anyone who has contracted COVID-19 in the last 14 days? If so please notify public health and you must not attend Toronto Tuesday Dance Jam. We will give you a refund if you have already paid.
- Have you returned from traveling outside of Canada in the last 10 days? If please so you must not attend the Dance Jam until 10 days symptom-free have passed or until you have had a negative COVID test result performed three days after arriving home.
- Do you agree to keep a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and those not in your household or social bubbles/pods when not training in Contact Improvisation? This means physical distancing at all times while not dancing? This is per government phase # 3 regulations.
- Do you agree to preregister and to let us gather contact tracings info.
- Do you understand that even though vaccination provides some protection from catching COVID and a much-reduced risk of ending up in the ICU that vaccinated people can still catch and spread COVID and may still require medical care?
- Do you agree to the following notification policy: If someone at the Dance Jam reports having COVID and having attended a jam we will let all attendees know without giving out the person's name. Then everyone would get tested or do 14 days of quarantine and if there is deemed to be no spread things would continue as per usual. At the point of spread we would call up public health and they would let us know all the things we would need to do but most definitely if we are at the point of spread the jam would be shut down for a period of time.
- Do you recognize that despite these screening, disinfecting, mask-wearing, and antigen testing protocols there is still be some risk in meeting socially indoor to practice contact improvisation? Do you accept this risk as part of your participation?
DETAILS ABOUT TESTING
We will be requiring negative rapid COVID test results prior to your entrance while COVID new case numbers are above 300 per day. RDDP will provide the test kits. Once they go below 300 for ten days in a row you will be able to enter jam without doing any testing. This is designed so that we only will be requiring negative rapid COVID test results prior to the entrance when there is a COVID surge occurring. This policy will be followed until physical distancing rules in Ontario and Toronto come to an end.
DETAILS ABOUT MASKING
As per phase #3 Sport Sector regulations maks can be removed when actively training in a sport requires participants to do so. Under this regulation, mask-wearing is required at all other times when in the building. However, RDDP requires everyone to wear a mask while training during a COVID surge. We will be wearing masks while dancing while COVID new case numbers are above 500 per day. Once they go below 500 for ten days in a row RDDP will ask the church permission to train without masks on. This is policy is designed so wearing masks will be mandated while dancing only when there is a COVID surge occurring. This policy will be followed until masking rules in Ontario and Toronto come to an end.
Please note participants can take a mask break when they need by going for a walk around the block and then returning. Unmasked attendees must not take mask breaks at the entrance to the building. Unmasked attendees must not congregate at the entrance to the building.
All refunds will be minus a %5 admin fee charge.