Featuring guest speaker
Thomas Viola, RPh., C.C.P.
“It’s (Medically) Complicated - Essential Pharmacology for Treating Medically Complex Dental Patients” 6 CEUs
Dental professionals are tasked with the safe and effective management of medically complex patients. Knowledge of dental pharmacology has never been more essential to patient care,”
- THOMAS A. VIOLA, RPh., C.C.P.
Course Overview: Dental professionals must frequently draw upon their knowledge of pharmacology for optimal care of today’s medically complex dental patients. However, pharmacology often represents only a small portion of most dental degree programs. Armed with a relatively brief exposure to this vast subject, many dental professionals simply cannot keep up with the latest trends in disease state management. This comprehensive program provides participants with essential information in a format which is not only practical and applicable but also highly entertaining.
- Identify the prescription medications most frequently encountered on a patient’s medical history & discuss their indications for use, adverse reactions & impact on dental therapy.
- Discuss the non-prescription medications most often used by dental patients and explain their impact on dental therapy, including situations which preclude their use.
- Explore the most popular herbal products & nutritional supplements & discuss their purported uses & dental considerations.
- Know the most common substances of abuse and describe their oral manifestations & dental treatment considerations.
- Discover techniques for identifying & managing self-medicating & substance-abusing patients.