Who: Any Social Studies Teacher; Grades 6-12
- This PD session will explore the theory and practice that have defined the limits of the Constitution's First Amendment: Religious Liberty, Freedom of Speech and Press along with the right to peaceably Assemble and Redress Grievances of our Government.
- This PD session will be conducted as a Socratic discussion for teachers to take the role of students and learn how to conduct this type of discussion in their classroom.
- This PD session will provide an opportunity to examine the elements of a Socratic Discussion and think through the implications of using this strategy in classrooms.
When: November 3, 2022 - 8:30 - 3:30
Where: Family Resource Center
Why: For all of us to improve in the practice of utilizing quality discussion strategies to help students engage with sources in the classroom.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
- Lunch will be provided
- .5 CEUs will be available for purchase