Who: Any Social Studies Teacher; Grades 6-12
- This PD session will explore the power of John F. Kennedy's presidency.
- This PD session will take a look at how his cautious approach toward Civil Rights began to change and what caused his administration's policy to shift from cautious to what will be the groundwork to the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- This PD session will look at how JFK's approach to Civil Rights shaped his legacy, both personally and professionally.
- This PD session will be conducted as a Socratic discussion for teachers to take the role of students and learn how to conduct this type of discussion in their classrooms.
- This PD session will provide an opportunity to examine the elements of a Socratic Discussion and think through the implications of using this strategy in classrooms.
When: April 19, 2023 - 8:30 - 3:30
Where: Family Resource Center
Why: For all of us to improve in the practice of utilizing quality discussion strategies to help students engage with sources in the classroom.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
- Lunch will be provided
- .5 CEUs will be available for purchase ($10.00)
Facilitator: Catherine Beasley (email@example.com)