MEDICAL MANAGEMENT OF CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, RADIOLOGICAL, NUCLEAR AND EXPLOSIVE (CBRNE) EVENTS
This course provides a strong emphasis on developing a multi-discipline, whole-community team approach to planning, preparing, responding, managing, and recovering from an event involving Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or Explosive (CBRNE) agents, a coordinated complex terrorist attack (CCTA), or an active shooter/hostile event (ASHE). To reinforce this multi-discipline team approach, participants should optimally be from fire services, law enforcement, Emergency Medical Services (EMS)/hospital, public health, public works, and emergency management organizations.
• Identifying Hazardous/Active Threat Environments.
• Responding to a Hazardous/Active Threat Environment using the RAPID-Care algorithm.
• Personal protective equipment (PPE) & protective measures for the Hazardous/Active Threat Environment.
• Identification and decontamination of victims exposed to a CBRNE agent.
• Triage and medical care of casualties during a CBRNE, CCTA, or ASHE incident.
This course is approved and accredited for
continuing education hours from:
AAFP - America Academy of Family Physicians DSHS - Texas Department of Health
NREMT - National Registry of EMT's
ENA- Emergency Nurses Association*
*This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Basic EMS Concepts for CBRNE Events (AWR- 111-W) and WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders (AWR-160-W)
Minimum 30 Participants
• Fire Services
• Law Enforcement (LE)
• Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
• Hospital Personnel, Physicians, and Nurses
• Public Health Services
• Emergency Management Organizations
• City, County, State, Federal Medical Private Industry
• Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT)
WHERE: POST UNIVERSITY
800 Country Club Road Waterbury, CT. More information will be sent closer to the class date.
Contact: Megan McClintock (email@example.com)