For the first time, the highly influential Shape Europe conference will be hosted outside of mainland Europe with the core element delivered between 17th-19th August 2018 in and around Belfast's most iconic venues.
The chosen theme for Shape Europe 2018 is “Views from the Fault Line”. This refers to the quest to maintain an open border on the island of Ireland, the only land border between the UK and Europe.
The Brexit vote of 23rd June 2016 triggered concern that after 18 years of relative peace (delivered via the 1998 Good Friday Agreement) there may be, via border tensions, a return to "The Troubles" endured for 30 years by past generations.
Effective solutions to this fault line challenge will have worldwide amplification and application. The World Economic Forum is uniquely resourced to contribute to this urgent interrelated issue. Whilst the Belfast Global Shapers Hub is highly motivated to find solutions and share them.
There is an urgent global need to harness emerging technologies to intelligently monitor the frictionless movement of people and products in an innovative manner that seeks balance and finds peaceful consensus.
Shape Europe 2018 will be the biggest and most impactful Shape event to date. With prominent global speakers, world-class venues and an action-packed itinerary that includes:
- A chance to pitch your hub project to win cash investment.
- A champagne reception at the beautiful Belfast City Hall.
- The core Shape Europe conference held at the Waterfront Hall.
- A gala dinner at the world-famous Titanic Belfast.
- Buzzing nightlife with authentic Irish music.
- Food tasting tour of St. Georges Market
Add on access to:
- An exclusive Game of Thrones tour.
- A tour of the North Coast and see the Giant's Causeway.
- Visit the world's oldest functioning whiskey distillery - Bushmills.
- Visit the world famous Walled City.
- And much, much more!