Photograph the iconic white sand dunes and yuccas of White Sands National Park while learning new photography techniques to create fine-art landscapes. This workshop includes early entry to the National Park so we can be there for twilight/blue hour and get the best possible light.
Maximum group size: 8 photographers
Minimum group size: 4 photographers
Each participant will receive personal attention in the field during the shooting sessions. I will also provide "ask me anything" post-processing lessons and one on one support each day to all attendees. Topics will include the use of Lightroom & Photoshop for color and black and white image processing. We will also have group photo reviews and critique sessions.
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Intermediate through advanced photographers are welcome on this workshop. You will be expected to have a working knowledge of your camera settings and the fundamentals of exposure. You will be expected to have a fundamental understanding of the digital processing software that you use.
We will be required to follow all COVID-19 protocols in the state of New Mexico, including masking and social distancing indoors if required, regardless of vaccination status.
Proof of vaccination will be required to participate in indoor classroom sessions.
Itinerary (Subject to Change)
- Day 1: Orientation session and introduction to fine-art landscape exposure techniques
- Day 2: Sunrise shoot at White Sands. Mid-day: image review/processing. Evening shoot at White Sands
- Day 3: Sunrise at White Sands. Mid-day image review/processing & individual exploration time.
- Day 4: Group image review and critique session; depart for home
Instructional Fee: $1200 per photographer
The Instructional Fee Includes:
- Field instruction
- Classroom instruction
- Extended hours access to White Sands NM
- Image review & critique sessions
Meals, lodging, and transportation to the shooting sites are not included.
A park entrance fee of $25 per vehicle is required
- El Paso, Texas (ELP); approximately 1.5 hour drive
- Albuquerque, NM (ABQ); approximately 3 hour drive
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- The instructional safari fee is non-refundable within 60 days of the event unless you can find another participant to take your place.
- In the event the safari is cancelled by the organizer, you will receive a full refund.
To protect your investment in this workshop in the event you cannot attend, I strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover your workshop and travel costs. I offer TravelGuard insurance policies here.