Photograph the iconic white sand dunes and yuccas of White Sands National Park while learning new photography techniques to create fine-art landscapes. This workshop includes early entry to the National Park so we can be there for twilight/blue hour and get the best possible light.
Each participant will receive personal attention in the field during the shooting sessions. I will also provide "ask me anything" post-processing lessons and one on one support each day to all attendees. Topics will include the use of Lightroom & Photoshop for color and black and white image processing. We will also have group photo reviews and critique sessions.
Maximum group size: 8 photographers
Minimum group size: 4 photographers
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Intermediate through advanced photographers are welcome on this workshop. You will be expected to have a working knowledge of your camera settings and the fundamentals of exposure. You will be expected to have a fundamental understanding of the digital processing software that you use.
We will be required to follow all COVID-19 protocols in the state of New Mexico, including masking and social distancing indoors if required, regardless of vaccination status.
Itinerary (Subject to Change)
- Day 1: Orientation session and introduction to fine-art landscape exposure techniques
- Day 2: Sunrise shoot at White Sands. Mid-day: image review/processing. Evening shoot at White Sands
- Day 3: Sunrise at White Sands. Mid-day image review/processing & individual exploration time.
- Day 4: Group image review and critique session; depart for home
Instructional Fee: $1200 per photographer
The Instructional Fee Includes:
- Field instruction
- Classroom instruction
- Extended hours access to White Sands NM
- Image review & critique sessions
Meals, lodging, and transportation to the shooting sites are not included.
A park entrance fee of $25 per vehicle is required
- El Paso, Texas (ELP); approximately 1.5 hour drive
- Albuquerque, NM (ABQ); approximately 3 hour drive
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- The instructional safari fee is non-refundable within 60 days of the event unless you can find another participant to take your place.
- In the event the safari is cancelled by the organizer, you will receive a full refund.
To protect your investment in this workshop in the event you cannot attend, I strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover your workshop and travel costs. I offer TravelGuard insurance policies here.