Oklahoma City, OK - October 7-11 2018
Please note that any registrations after September 14, 2018 are subject to a late registration fee.
Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, 1 N Broadway Ave., Oklahoma City, OK, 73102
The hotel room rate for attendees will be $139.00 per night and includes complimentary room internet access. Daily rate is good for 3 days before or 3 days after the meeting. Make reservation directly with the Sheraton by calling 1-800-325-3535 no later than Friday September 14th, 2018. You may also make your reservation on-line at:
When registering by phone, be sure to tell them you are with the SECA Conference or use online registration to ensure that you receive this discounted rate! If you do not register by the September 14, 2018 deadline, we cannot guarantee assistance with securing a room and/or the discounted rate.
IMPORTANT: The room rate is a special negotiated rate for a block of rooms for SECA Conference attendees. SECA guarantees a minimum attendance in order to achieve this discounted rate, and if the minimum is not met, there is a penalty associated, which can be a significant amount. Please attempt to stay at the conference facilities if at all possible.
Each SECA Conference is attended by eighty to ninety delegates representing electric utilities from around the world.
Siemens EA personnel attend each conference representing the following EA departments:
- Hardware & Software Technical
What Takes Place at a SECA Conference?
The conference is informal and questions may be asked at any time. Problems for Siemens EA are presented and openly discussed.
- An opening and welcome session allows time to conduct business of the organization. New members and visitors are also welcomed and introduced.
- The Siemens EA update covers support issues, action items from the previous conference, new business, new products, and other Siemens EA topics that do not require a full session.
- At each conference, Siemens EA will make one or two technical presentations. Technical presentations are also presented by various member utilities.
- Joint presentations (Siemens EA and a customer) are appropriate when the discussion requires the perspective of both Siemens EA and the customer.
- Site updates call for each utility to summarize their activities since attending a previous SECA. Problems, accomplishments, projects, questions for other members or Siemens EA and other issues are highlighted.
Note: Each utility is asked to send in a site update that follows a SECA outline, in advance, so it can be placed on the electronic notebook. The Electronic Notebook will be available to all attendees of the Conference. The verbal site update sessions are intended to be a summary of activities since attending a previous SECA.
- A future conference planning session asks for session suggestions:
- What would you like to hear about from Siemens EA?
- What customer presentations would you like to see at the next conference?
- Would you as a Siemens EA customer be willing to present at the next conference?
- Sometimes a roundtable discussion is scheduled. Several members and sometimes Siemens EA get the discussion going on a topic of interest to electric utilities.
- Standing Working Groups are established to deal with a subject over a period of years. An example is the Advanced Applications Working Group. Working committees may be established to deal with a subject that generally lasts less than one year.