Searching for data : A hands on workshop on Data Collection
In this workshop, the students will learn:
- Different ways to collect data
- Different sources of data
- The importance of data quality
They will apply those techniques to hands-on exercises. There is no coding involved in this workshop.
What will you need to participate in this event
1. Computer with internet connectivity and web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
2. A camera and microphone to be able to share work
Targeted at young women grades 5-8, but any student is welcomed.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is at 11am Pacific Time / 1pm Central Time / 2pm Eastern Time
There are a limited number of seats available for this event, so please register early!
Do I need to know how to use a computer before I attend this event?
This will be a webinar event. Girls will need the help of their parent or guardian to login into the event url.
What do I do on the day of?
Girls will need to sign into the event a few minutes before webinar start time to ensure we start on time.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The event is targeted at young women grades 5-8, but with strong computing skills a younger attendee will enjoy themselves.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.girlsplusdata.org for more information
What is the refund policy?
At this time our partnership with EventZilla does not allow refunds.
What webinar tool is girls+data using?
At this time we are leveraging Zoom's webinar feature.
What measures is girls+data doing to ensure a safe virtual training experience?
With the latest Zoom issues, girls+data is taken the following the security measures:
- password protected Zoom webinars
- only registered email addresses will be admitted
- webinar will not start without the host
- volunteers monitoring the chat
- restricted content sharing to girls+data hosts only