The objective of the event is to enhance knowledge regarding the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of obesity. At the end of the symposium, the participant will be able to:
- Recgonize the rising burden of obesity in Asia.
- Understand the etiology of obesity and improve weight loss through the understanding of the appetite regulation.
- Recognize the importance of multidisciplinary approach to treating obesity, including diet, physical activity, behavioral therapy, pharmacotherapy, and bariatric surgery.
- Discuss the choice of anti-obesity medication based on patient comorbidities, relative contraindications, and available clinical trial evidence.
- Describe the indications of the bariatric surgery and preoperative evaluation and long-term management of patient with bariatric surgery.