Explore the magnificent summer wildflowers high in the Colorado Rockies. From our base in Crested Butte, Colorado, we'll have easy access to some amazing views and fields of paintbrush, lupine, and columbines. This workshop will focus on close-up photography (macro) techniques and fine-art digital image processing.
See images captured on past workshops here
This workshop is geared towards enthusiasts with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of exposure and how to use your own camera(s). You will receive hadns-on field and classroom instruction each day. Because this is a small group, I tailor the instruction to meet your personal needs. Classroom topics are "ask me anything" to include workflow and post-processing using Lightroom/Photoshop/Plug-ins.
When: July 14-17, 2019
Where: Crested Butte, CO
(Specific shooting locations will be determined by the locations of the best blooms)
Day 1: Orientation session at the group hotel, followed by an evening field shooting session
Days 2-3: Morning & evening shooting sessions with mid-day post-processing and image critique sessions
Day 4: Morning shooting session; workshop concludes at 10am
Workshop Fee: $1049 per participant
A non-refundable deposit of $150 will reserve your seat until April 1, 2019.
- Hands-on field and classroom instruction with Jason Odell
- Professional image critique sessions
- Hotel in Crested Butte (contact me for booking a room from our group block)
- Transportation to Crested Butte
- Transportation to the field sites (see below)
Minimum Group Size: 4
Maximum Group Size: 6
You will learn
- Fundamentals of macro photography
- How to use a diffuser and reflector for macro subjects
- Composition and exposure for close-up photography
- Fine-art digital processing techniques
- We will also have image review sessions for feedback and critique
Nearest airports: Denver (DEN), Colorado Springs (COS), Grand Junction, CO (GJT).
You are responsible for transportation to the field locations. In most cases, a 4WD vehicle is not required. Most of the sites require travel over uneven dirt roads. Low ground clearance vehicles are not recommended.