This course was developed according to New York State laws and regulations by dentists and attorneys whose experience extends to the fields of malpractice insurance and risk management in the dental environment. (Dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants would all benefit from the information in this course).
New York State Dentists who complete this course will be entitled to a 10% discount on their liability premiums for a three (3) year period from the Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company. Other companies also accept this course for a discount. You are encouraged to check with your carrier concerning the availability of any discount.
At the end of this course you will have a better understanding of:
· What information is included in good medical and dental history;
· How to protect your practice and personal assets;
· How to maintain accurate record keeping;
· Who gives informed consent and what does it include;
· Who owns dental records and how long must they be kept;
· What are the dentist’s obligations concerning confidentiality;
· When should a patient be referred;
· What are the benefits and mechanism for peer review.
This course is being offered at NO CHARGE to Third District Members.
All other NYSDA and Non member dentists and staff attending are at the CE tuition listed on the registration page.