Jared is a former swat operator, training officer, police officer, and martial artist.He is known in the police world for his edged weapon/impact weapon training programs which he has developed since his initial exposure to living in the Philippines. Join us as he shares his vast amount of knowledge on the subject “Duty Knife As A Backup Weapon”.This has been a popular course taught at the annual National Tactical Officers Association and has been taught to several military groups. If you are a Defensive Tactics Instructor for your department or looking for material to enhance your knowledge this is definitely an eye opener. Participants are asked to bring their duty belts (training guns/ aids if you have them)minus any live ammo. You must have police or military ID or retired LEO credentials for entrance into this event. Co-host/promoter for this event is retired Las Vegas Police Sergeant and Defensive Tactics instructor Jon Gentile. Some topics that will covered during this workshop;
1. Current trends, use of force update, discussion on knife encounters and stratagies.
2. What officers carry on their duty belts and placement. Uniform/plain clothes.
3. Types of knives on the market and advantages of each style (fixed v folders).
4. Gross motor skill training exercises against a knife.
6. Gun retention exercises using verbal, physical, and duty/utility knife applications.
Putting it all together including what you can expect in aftermath including use of force review, documentation, body cameras, and justifying your actions.
8. * If you previously attended this course please take note that it is updated yearly with new material. Certificates of completion will be given at the end of the workshop. We will have some training aids at the location for those needing them.
Date/Time/Location & Pricing- Friday 01/17/ 2020, 10am-4pm, West Charleston Library main conference room, 6301 W. Charleston Blvd, LV, NV, 89146. $79 Payment can be made online thru Eventzilla or by check. Contact the promoter Jon Gentile for further questions or invoices. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your Police/military ID for check in .No filming or spectators for this event.