Are you interested in learning about the various specializations in the Veterinary field? Do you like caring for animals and wish to pursue a career working with animals?
The Stanford Undergraduate Pre-Vet Society presents the 2019 Pre-Vet Expo VI! This daylong conference caters to upper level high schoolers, undergraduate and post graduate college students, as well as science or college advisors interested in gaining more understanding of the diverse field of Veterinary Medicine.
Expo participants will have the opportunity to:
Hear talks from a variety of veterinarians working in different disciplines
Eat lunch in small groups with 1 or 2 folks involved in the vet profession (veterinarian, vet school student, vet tech)
Attend Q&A panel discussions with current students attending different veteriniary schools
Learn how to prepare for veterinary school, ie.: courses required, ways to volunteer and gain experience, etc.
Visit activity booths and talk with local practitioners, veterinary technicians, zookeepers, and wildlife rehabilitation groups, who are all dedicating their time to share their experiences
Please click on the link below to follow new developments as we solidify our program! Posted today are speaker bios, directions, and important FAQs. Coming soon: Final program.
Preliminary Program for Pre-Vet Expo VI
- 7:30: Doors open for registration
- 8:30 – 12:00:
- Veterinary Speakers will present talks on the following:
- Lab Animal Medicine, Small Animal Practice, Large Animal/Dairy Practice, Equine Ambulatory Practice, Radiology, Ophthalmology, and Conservation Medicine
- 12:00 – 1:30: “Eat Lunch with a Vet” (vet tech, vet student)
- 1:30 – 5:00: Participants rotate through 3 sessions to see:
- Posters: That provide insight into the “pathway” to veterinary school and the Veterinary School application process
- Vet Students on Q&A Panels: From 6 different veterinary schools, who will give short presentations and answer questions about what their vet school is like
- Veterinarian Q&A Panels: Vets in different disciplines sit on Q&A panels and answer participant questions
- Activity and Information Booths: Equine medicine with leg bandaging activity, Surgery – fake skin suturing, Comparative Anatomy specimens, Pathology table etc.
- Booths: That focus on other rewarding careers that involve animals (i.e. veterinary technicians, zoo keepers, wildlife programs, maybe even a few therapy dogs)
Pre-registration is required. The last day to register is April 16, 2019.
Students age 14 or 15 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Parking: The closest parking lot to this venue is the Stock Farm Garage located at 360 Oak Road, Stanford, CA 94305. Parking is free on weekends.
Detailed Stanford Campus Map Link for the Li Ka Shing Building:
Thank you for notifying the Pre-Vet Expo VI team that you are not able to attend this year. Look for future events on the Stanford Pre-Vet Society website.