Did Someone Say Sewing Retreat?!?!
It’s that time of year again! Time to pack your sewing gear and spend the weekend with your sewing buddies sew-cializing for a few days! We are going to a new location this year and we think you are going to love it! Here is a summary of the retreat details:
- Thursday, February 2 – Sunday, February 5
- Sunset Retreat and Quilt Shop in Sunset, TX, just a little more than 1 hour northwest of Dallas
- Check in at 3 PM and check out at 1 PM
- 2-night overnight stay, 3-night overnight stay or daytime only options available
- Limited to 20 people overnight to be sure no one has to room with more than 1 person
- All food included, plus unlimited tea, coffee, water
- Cutting stations, ironing table, ergonomic chairs, surge protectors provided
- Quilt Shop on site is open 7x24 just in case you forgot something!
- Early Bird discount pricing ends on October 1.
- Same price for ASG members and non-members this year so bring a friend!
After visiting the facility, we were so excited to try this new location. This facility has been designed specifically to cater to groups like us! The sewing room is quite large and has 2 tables for each sewist. Breakfast is serve yourself anytime style on Friday and Saturday and buffet brunch on Sunday. Lunch and dinner will be at set times and will be served buffet style. And yes, special dietary needs can be accomodated. The sewing room has a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator so you can bring sodas or wine if you like.
All 10 lodging rooms are shared rooms with a bathroom in each room. We will be working to pair people according to bedtime preferences…. early birds together and night owls together.
Of course, your retreat team is already dreaming up various things for the goody bags and some fun things to do together if you need a little break from your sewing. Plus there is a nice patio with a fire pit that would be a great spot to gather round the fire over a cup of coffee or glass of wine if the weather is our friend.
Speaking of weather, the retreat center has assured us they will work very hard to reschedule the retreat if we have one of those Texas ice storms. And if they can’t work anything out, they will offer a refund.
All that’s left now is to sign up and get ready to join the fun weekend sew-cializing! We can’t wait to see you there!
Your Retreat Team (Sharon, Roxanne and Terry)