Oregon: Waterfalls and Coastal Landscapes
Join The Image Doctors Jason Odell & Rick Walker to photograph waterfalls, forests, and coastlines of Oregon while learning creative approaches to photography and image processing. We've timed this trip to coincide with excellent low tides and typically great spring weather. In addition to landscape photography, you'll also learn creative digital techniques including panoramas, HDR, Luminosity Masking, and Texture Blending. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop computer with Lightroom & Photoshop (or similar editing software).
When: May 9-13, 2021 from Portland, Oregon
- Day 1: Meet in Portland, Oregon for orientation with Rick & Jason
- Day 2: Photograph waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge
- Day 3 Drive to Astoria & Fort Stevens, arrive in Cannon Beach for two nights of shooting the coastal regions
- Day 4: Photograph Cannon Beach & Ecola State Park
- Day 5: Return to Portland via Tillamook & Cape Meares
Optional Extension: Infrared Photography Class May 13-14! Save $20 when you book both events (contact us for details)
Oregon Travel Restrictions due to COVID-19
We will follow and comply with all state guidelines regarding COVID-19. Currently, the state of Oregon requires all out of state travelers to quarantine for 14 days unless they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Both Rick and Jason expect to be fully vaccinated by the time this workshop takes place.
Instructional Fee: $1625 per photographer (Minimum: 4 Max: 8)
- Hands-on field instruction with Rick and Jasonl
- Classroom Instruction on digital post-processing and creativity:
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Nik Collection Plug-ins
- Image review sessions
- Ground transportation
- Lodging (we have arranged group hotel blocks and will send you the necessary booking information)
Registration & Refund Policy
The workshop fee is refundable less a $300 cancellation fee if you cancel before April 1, 2021.
About Your Instructors
Jason Odell & Rick Walker are photographers in Colorado, USA. They are the hosts of The Image Doctors Photography Podcast, and have been leading photography workshops and tours since 2007. Rick and Jason both specialize in outdoor and landscape photography. Rick and Jason have over 80 years of combined photography experience with both film and digital cameras.
You can see Rick's photos at his website, GeoVista Photography.