Looking for fun activities? During this class, you will learn how to paint impressive storm clouds and light effects, in oils.
This class is good for beginners and anyone who wants to experiment with using oil paints. You will have a brief introduction to oil painting and the materials that we will be using. We will also talk about landscape painting and the approach.
You do not need to buy any materials as your teacher will be providing them (all materials included). Lunch is not included.
What you will learn:
- How to understand colour: concepts of the colour theory and mixing and its application in the landscape
- Observing and painting approach to landscapes in oils, composition and creating depth using colour, tone and perspective
- Using underpainting and layering of paint while blending colours to create beautiful colours
At the end of the class, return home with your very own unique oil painting and the confidence to continue creating!
In this painting class, we do not use toxic turpentine. However, a minimal amount of odourless solvents are used. Please note that for safety reasons the painting class is not recommended for pregnant women.
Terms and conditions
By taking part in a workshop you will be agreeing to the following conditions.
Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into class premises.
Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events.
Photo and video:
I agree to give Christopher Vidal unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken during classes and events. Photos will only be used through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general promo material.
You can take photos during the class.
Please note that the images in the advertisement are not the ones to be painted but a similar image (photo) will be used as reference material during the day.
Great for both beginners and intermediates.
What you'll get
- All materials needed including brushes, palettes, and paints! No need to bring anything. You will also take a finished painting back home with you.
- Your completed painting.
What to bring
- Just bring a notebook to take some notes, a camera to take photos/video and lunch.
- Wear some clothes that you wouldn't mind potentially getting some paint on!
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULING
Cancellation at any time by organizer FULL Refund
Cancellation more than 60 days prior 75% refund
30 - 60 days prior 50% refund
If you cancel up to a week before, and your space will be given to someone else, a 50% refund will be given.
Last minute cancellations or no show up on the day are not refunded, however a ticket is transferable so you can give it to someone else. We can also look at the possibility of rescheduling to another activity.