This unique course introduces maritime operations in the offshore oil and gas industry including key terms. You can learn in an ever changing world wherever you want online. Facilitated by Captain Mark Pointon this is a live training session.
As a result of participating in this course, participants will be informed about:
· The importance of the maritime operations to the offshore oil & gas sector
· The multi-faceted and diverse vessel demand across the range of field exploration stages
· The process sequence and stages from exploration to demobilisation
· A time line demonstrating the complexities of offshore oil & gas within a maritime context
· The commercial realities and market impact that underpin the maritime sector
· Utilisation of manpower and the living and working conditions offshore
· International and national links in the field of maritime operations in offshore oil & gas, particularly in the area of policy and regulation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
· Managers who want to learn about the complex maritime needs of the offshore oil & gas sector
· HR Managers, Lawyers & Training Providers
· Govenment departments, Defence Force personnel, Regulators
· New staff to offshore companies
· Anyone who wants to understand maritime operations in offshore oil & gas
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR, CAPTAIN MARK POINTON
Mark is a Master Mariner with 40 years’ experience in the Maritime industry, primarily in the Offshore Oil & Gas sector. He has extensive experience in the area of Dynamic Positioning, having worked in operations, administration, training, consultancy and auditing since 1995.
In addition, during his career, he has worked as an Authorised Pilot, as a Mooring Master and has operational and training experience in the Tanker sector. Mark is a strong advocate of lifelong learning and Continuous Professional Development. He holds a UK - Graduate Certificate in Education and an Australian Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.