Master Your Nikon Z6/Z7 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Instructors: Jason Odell & Rick Walker aka: The Image Doctors
May 16-17, 2020
Colorado Springs, CO
Minimum Group: 5*
Maximum Group: 10
In this workshop, you'll go beyond the manual and learn how to truly master your Nikon Z6 or Z7 mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. If you own or are interested in the Nikon Z50, this class will still help, even though it is targeted to the Z6 and Z7 cameras.
Day 1: Mastering the Nikon Z6 and Z7 cameras
May 16th 10:15am-5:30pm
The first day of this workshop is a comprehensive classroom learning session with Jason & Rick, covering all the major features of your Nikon Z6/7 camera. We will also dive in to many of the lesser-known features and offer our suggested settings for a variety of photo situations.
- Setting up your camera
- Configuring the electronic viewfinder
- Nikon Picture Controls
- Understanding exposure and metering modes
- Using exposure compensation for fine-tuning exposure
- Understanding and using the image histogram for real-time exposure adjustments
- Understanding Z6/7 Autofocus
- Customizing autofocus settings for different subjects
- Using face/eye detection focus
- Unique Camera Features
- Multiple exposure
- In-camera RAW processing
- Using the Nikon SnapBridge App
- Workflow tips for different shooting scenarios
- Optimizing camera settings for RAW processing using Adobe Lightroom
- Accessories we recommend (lenses, flashes, other items(
Day 2: Hands-On Field Photography with the Nikon Z6/Z7 (Optional, but highly recommended)
May 17th 9am-4pm
On the second day of our workshop, we will take participants to nearby Manitou Springs, Colorado and conduct a photo walk in the historical downtown area. During this session, you'll be able to capture creative images, explore different features of your camera, and have open Q&A with Jason & Rick. Following the session, we will return to the classroom to put together a creative montage of your favorite photos from the event, and provide image review and optional critique for each participant. This session is the ideal way to make sure that you have fully mastered the techniques and settings you learned in the classroom session on the previous day.
*There is a minimum enrollment of 5 students for this workshop. We will keep you posted and make a final determination by April 17th, 2020 if we are able to move forward as planned. In the event the workshop is cancelled, all participants will receive a full refund.