Looking for a deeper, broader, and richer educational experience? Consider enrolling in one of our CIP credential programs? Save money with multiple bundled courses plus extras not available with stand-alone courses. More information at: https://www.energysec.org/educational-programs/
About the Course
*This course will be offered in July and presented over three online sessions.
July 12th, July 19th, and July 26th
Our online NERC CIP Audit Prep+ is a combination of self-study and online, instructor-led review and discussion. This format combines the best aspects of our live, in-person training with the flexibility of an online format.
The NERC CIP Audit Preparation course provides entity personnel with an understanding of compliance oversight practices employed by the ERO. This includes a detailed explanation of the audit process from preparation, to execution, to post-audit negotiations. Attendees will obtain an understanding of the NERC Rules of Procedures (RoP), Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program (CMEP), Inherent Risk Assessments (IRA), Internal Controls Evaluation (ICE), and the audit process as documented in the ERO Auditors Handbook. RSAW and evidence preparation and presentation will also be discussed.
This course may be taken as a stand-alone course or as part of our C3P credential which signifies competence in all aspects of managing compliance with the NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards.To learn more or to register for the credential, visit our website, energysec.org, in the Events tab.
Participants will receive:
- An electronic copy of our 2-day NERC CIP Audit Prep+ curriculum and presentation slides
- Full-color printed book is available upon request.
- Access to an online repository of reference documents used in the course.
- Access (for a minimum of 1 year) to a library of recorded videos for deep dives into select areas (under development)
- Right to attend (within 1 year) an equivalent in-person course at no additional cost (subject to space availability)
During the course period participants will receive:
- Email access to an expert instructor to address questions that arise during the course period.
- 10 hours of live, online lecture and Q&A.