This is a 10 day course plus a one day exam. NEBOSH (National Examination Board of Occupationa Health and Safety) is the UK's leading certification body for Occupational Safety and Health. This certificte is recognized internationally as one of the top standards for health and safety at work. This course runs for 10 days plus one full day for exams. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
This course is accredited by the UK National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and employees based outside the UK who require a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety principles and practices. The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a sound basis for progression on to the NEBOSH international Diploma.
This qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling candidates to effectively discharge workplace health and safety responsibilities in any employment sector, in all parts of the world.
• Foundations in health and safety policy
• Organising for health and safety
• Promoting a positive health and safety culture
• Risk assessment
• Principles of control
• Monitoring, review and audit
• Incident and accident investigation and reporting
• Movement of people and vehicles – hazards and control
• Manual and mechanical handling – hazards and control
• Work equipment – hazards and control
• Electrical hazards and control
• Fire hazards and control
• Chemical and biological health hazards and control
• Physical and psychological health hazards and control
• Construction activities – hazards and control
• NEBOSH IGC exam. There are three exams. Two in-class exams and one take home exam. You will earn a certificate for each exam you pass and a certificate for the complete course when you pass all three.
Exams may be repeated until you pass them.