This is a limited seating engagement and ticket sales for this virtual event ends May 3rd in order to ensure all study materials are received by the attendees.
Widely known as one of the leading experts in social work licensure exam prep, Dawn Apgar, PhD, LSW, ACSW, has helped thousands of social workers across the country pass the ASWB examinations associated with all levels of licensure.
Registrations for this virtual event is limited and is expected to sell out quickly.
In recent years, she has consulted in numerous states to assist with establishing licensure test preparation programs. Dr. Apgar has done research on licensure funded by the American Foundation for Research and Consumer Education in Social Work Regulation and was chairperson of her state’s social work licensing board. She is a past President of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW and has been on its National Board of Directors. In 2014, the Chapter presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Apgar has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the social work field.Be prepared. Learn the content and strategies to pass the ASWB exam for social work licensing. This one-day virtual workshop will walk social workers through the necessary steps to pass the ASWB exam and reduce test anxiety.
Highly rated by past participants, registering with NASW-OK's Licensing Test Prep includes:
- 6-hour virtual instruction course with Dawn Hall Apgar, PhD, LSW, ACSW
- Reviews the examination’s four core areas
| Human Development, Diversity, and Behavior in the Environment
|| Human Development, Diversity, and Behavior in the Environment
| Assessment and Intervention Planning
|| Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning
| Interventions with Clients/Client Systems
|| Psychotherapy, Clinical Interventions, and Case Management
| Professional Relationships, Values, and Ethics
|| Professional Values and Ethics
- Breaks down the examination’s format, structure and process
- Examines practice test questions
- Teaches successful test-taking strategies
- Free 6-month access to a robust Social Work Licensure Learning Management System. This includes:
- A full copy of the electronic exam guide for your exam category from Springer Publishing (includes material for the ASWB exam blueprint)
- Test-taking tips and strategies to foster exam confidence
- A practice test (with explanations of correct answers) that mirrors the exam
- Ability to build a customized study plan
- Flashcards and other study tools
- A discussion board with full access to the author and your peers who are also studying for the exam
- Online learning community where you can connect virtually with your peers who are also studying for the exam
- A $95 Licensure Prep Manual for the Social Work ASWB (Masters or Clinical) Exam Guide, Third Edition* (includes shipping)
- Updated guide that reflects ASWB’s current exam blueprint
- 170-question practice test with detailed correct answer explanations
- Tips on how to overcome test anxiety, assess one’s learning style, and avoid common mistakes
Registration Fees – includes virtual workshop attendance and 6 months access to full Exam Guides and learning management system as well as the exam study guides, as indicated by the attendee in the registration. Exam guides will be shipped to your address at no additional cost. (typically $95 plus shipping).
· Please plan to join at 8:15am; Seminar runs 8:30am – 3:30pm
· A link for the pretest and information to join will be sent prior to the training
· A hardcopy of the exam guide chosen will be mailed to the shipping address provided in registration.
· Please make sure that you have access to a computer with a webcam – webcams should be on during the session
· Access to study products is good for six months from the time of activation – refunds cannot be given once you use the online access code and/or the book has been received. There are no exchanges of books once they are shipped.
Dr. Dawn Apgar is a nationally-recognized expert who has helped thousands of social workers across our nation pass all levels of the ASWB exam including the LCSW exam too!!
Dr. Apgar has extensive experience related to licensing, including serving as the chair of the New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners, as a past president of NASW New Jersey, and as the Deputy Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Human Services. She was recognized by NASWNJ in 2014 with a Lifetime Achievement Award. She has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the field.
The comprehensive virtual course (6 CE hours) has successfully prepared social workers across the country for the ASWB tests.
*Registrants will only receive the exam guide that matches the test prep guide they have indicated in their registration. The books will be shipped after registration has been closed and will take about 8-10 business days to reach attendees; attendees should receive the book a few days before the workshop date. Attendance is limited and open only to individuals preparing to take licensure exams.