Urban Photography Workshop in Denver, Colorado
Discover the Mile High City while developing your travel photography skills with the Image Doctors (Rick Walker and Jason Odell). Rick and Jason will help you build a portfolio of images from the local area that spans architecture, people, food and art. In the process, you’ll learn skills that will serve you well on all your subsequent trips (and at home). You’ll have fun and will start thinking a bit like a National Geographic photographer!
Experience Level: Open to all levels?Please note that you are expected to have a fundamental understanding of how to set exposure and focus on your camera. You will also need to know how to download and edit images with your computer or tablet.
- Photographing architecture and urban scenes
- Twilight and "blue hour" photography
- Creative techniques for composition and style
- Food photography
- iPhone photography
- Travel workflow
Physical Activity Level: Mild
Although Denver is at 5280' elevation, we’ll be shooting in relatively flat downtown areas. If you have special concerns, please let us know, and we’ll do our best to work with you.
Event Fee: $1249 per photographer?$250 deposit reserves your seat until July 31, 2022. Final payment is due August 31, 2022.?Companion Pricing*: $850 when joining a photographer at full-price.
*Companions are limited to smartphone photography only but will otherwise be able to participate in all the shooting sessions during the workshop.
Deposit is non-refundable unless the organizer cancels the event. We recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment in this workshop.
- Pre-workshop travel photography class (online)
- Field instruction & "ask us anything" support
- Image review session & personalized photo critiques
- Meals/Transportation/Lodging (you don't need a car to get to our shooting locations from our hotel)
- Light Rail Service is available from Denver International Airport to Union Station downtown
- We can book your lodging at our group hotel (contact me for details)
- DSLR or mirrorless digital camera
- Mid-range zoom (a 24-105 or 24-200mm is perfect)
- 50mm or 35mm prime lens (optional but recommended)
- Laptop computer with image editing software of your choice*
- Adobe Lightroom Classic & Adobe Photoshop (optional)
*You are expected to have a working understanding of how to download and edit your photos using your software of choice.
To protect your investment in this workshop in the event you cannot attend due to illness or other unexpected situations, I strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover your workshop and travel costs. Contact me for a quote.