Mastering Middle School (Brain Camp)
**Six Sessions. 90 Minutes each session. SATURDAY, February 11, 18, 25, March 4, 11 and 18**
Your student should take this class if they:
- Want better grades
- Want to study with greater ease and efficiency
- Would benefit from time management, organization, and executive functioning
- Want to become an independent learner
Brain Camp teaches students in grades 5-8 practical step-by-step ways to study, organize, manage time, prepare for tests, and use executive functioning strategies — essential skills in today’s competitive academic environment.
In this workshop, your student will learn to:
- Plan, organize and manage time
- Take notes when reading and listening
- Complete assignments and projects on time without cramming
- Study and prepare for class and tests
- Apply strategies for active reading and listening
- Pay attention and stay focused
- Study and stay on-task for precision, retention and speed
- Feel confident in their abilities
By the end of the workshop your student will have:
- An easy-to-implement system for studying
- A step-by-step, systematic approach for better academic performance and grades
- The know-how to organize their assignments and time
- The know-how to study, prepare, and schedule and study for tests and other assignments
- A newfound confidence!
Five reasons why you should register your student:
- Increased academic performance
- Deeper academic engagement
- Increased motivation and confidence
- Improved comprehension and retention
- Reduced anxiety and stress levels
NEEDED DOCUMENTS-Help us best help your child by sending a copy of your child’s most recent report card and any available assessment reports along with your tuition payment and application. If you are actively receiving tutoring services from Learning Essentials, current assessments are on file and are not needed.
TUITION- Total tuition is due at time of registration. Classes are filled on first come, first paid basis. Maximum 20 students per class; minimum 15 students per class.
100% Refund: Cancellation two weeks or more before workshop start.
50% Refund: Cancellation 1 week before workshop start
No Refunds within 6 days before workshop start.
No charge to change workshops if openings are available.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS- Brain Camp is designed for students that want to do better in school. Good effort and citizenship are required. Students who demonstrate behavior problems may be asked to withdraw from the program; tuition cannot be returned.
MAKE-UP CLASSES-Due to the intense nature and depth of Brain Camp, we do not offer make-up classes. Sorry, we do not prorate for missed classes.
INITIAL CONTACT- Upon receipt of registration and payment, you will be emailed confirmation. Please expect an email from your child’s instructor approximately a week in advance of your start date to highlight
MAIL APPLICATION, TUITION & FORMS-
Learning Essentials/Brain Camp
11140 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda, MD 20852