Mastering Luminosity Masks
Photoshop Training with Jason P. Odell, Ph.D.
Saturday, November 9th, 2019
1-3pm US Eastern Time
What time is this class in my time zone?
Luminosity Masks are a unique tool that allow you to target tone, color, and contrast adjustments to specific tone ranges in your image. Because luminosity masks are unique to each photograph, they allow your adjustments to blend in perfectly every time.
In this class, I'll show you how to get creative with advanced luminosity masking techniques using my custom actions. You'll learn curves adjustments, layer blending mode options, and how to work with zone masks to improve your tricky images.
• Creating Luminosity Masks using Photoshop actions
• Making channel selections to work with Luminosity Masks
• Advanced Selection Techniques, including brushes and combining multiple masks
• Using Adjustment Layers with Luminosity Masks (curves/Photo filter/brightness-contrast)
• Using Blending Modes to create unique effects (glow, vignette)
• Using Luminosity Masks with HDR and High-Pass Sharpening Techniques
Each participant in the live class will receive a printable PDF copy of the class notes and a complete set of my custom Photoshop Actions for creating their own luminosity masks. You will also be able to ask questions during the class.
All registered participants will receive a video replay link to watch offline