For years now, schools have placed a great amount of emphasis on marking pupils work. But how do we know that it is having any real impact ?
Over the last few years, a lot of work has been undertaken in schools who have asked that very question.
Our one day course will look at all the evidence, including the most recent from over 6,000 schools.
The course will consider :
- what research shows us about marking
- what approaches are shown to work more effectively
- marking approaches that differ for careless mistakes and misunderstanding
- does marking everything reduce the impact it has ?
- how marking linked to targets can make a real difference to pupil progress
- how should pupils respond to marking
- should we mark less ?
- what is effective and what isn’t ?
- do dialogic and triple marking approaches have any benefits ?
This course will provide attendees not only with evidence of impact, but also a range of methods you can used to improve feedback to pupils.