Transitions are a locus of anxiety for children and young people, especially those facing uncertain futures or those with additional needs. Against the backdrop of funding cuts and the closure of vital services, good transitions for children and young people are needed more than ever, and can make a real difference to outcomes and life prospects for the most vulnerable in society.
Our own recent transition from an outreach provider to an OFSTED-inspected school in which students are disapplied from the National Curriculum has relied on a series of well-managed and complicated transitions. Our 2019 conference brings together a range of important voices to explore transitions in, to, and from education and social care settings. In particular, we hope to foster collaborative networks and the sharing of best practice across a range of sectors including health and social care, education, housing and the third sector.
Topics will include:
* Transitions from and to secondary school
* Transitions from and to primary school
* Transitions to tertiary education
* Post-16 work placements and social enterprises
* Transitions from mainstream to alternative provision
* Transitions from AP to mainstream education
* Transitions from outreach to school provision
* Transitions in and out of social care placements
* Transitions in and out of supported housing
* Managing transitions in Educational Health Care Plans
* Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
For more information or to submit an abstract for consideration please contact Releasing Potential Institute via firstname.lastname@example.org.