Build legal, financial, and business skills to strengthen your business.
Are you a small-scale farmer, rancher, or cottage food producer? Join the Council for Healthy Food Systems (the educational arm of the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance) and Foodshed Investors for a day that will boost your business.
By learning about laws governing opportunities as diverse as produce, meat, dairy, eggs, value-added products, and agritourism, attendees can evaluate whether and how to diversify operations and diversify market risk.
On Wednesday, Oct. 23, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (includes a working lunch), the focus will be on:
- Federal and state laws governing small-scale agricultural activities, food production, and sales (including the Food Safety Modernization Act, cottage food laws, meat processing, and more).
- Liability and insurance issues, including Whole Farm Revenue Protection and agritourism and product liability.
- Business issues, including legal structure/entities.
The 2-5 p.m. Wednesday session is presented by Foodshed Investors and covers such topics as:
- When and how to pursue outside capital.
- Record-keeping and reporting.
- Government and private funding sources for small farmers.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our funders, we are able to provide lunches for this event. Pleases help us prevent food waste by emailing if you must cancel your registration. Email email@example.com. Thank you!