This course is offered in association with Jasper Aliance London Ltd. For a small additional fee you can get a certificate of completion from Jasper Alliance.
In this class delegates will learn key principles of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Emphasis will be placed on concrete examples to illustrate the importance of the logistical process to the organization.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for procurement, warehouse and supply chain practitioners and commercialmanagement, who are looking to obtain leading edge supply chain efficiencies and competitive edge for themselves and their organisation
To appreciate the key features, both operational and financial, of effective supply chains
To apply global best practice strategies within their own environment
To develop cost and operational efficiency initiatives for each component of the supply chain
To effectively manage inventory and warehouse efficiency strategies
To ensure compliance with major quality, environmental and safety standards
To make informed financial and operational decisions regarding supply chain operations
To equip themselves and their organisation with best practice strategies
To effectively contribute to overall organisational profitability
- Role and importance of the supply chain
- Overview of supply chain functions within the
- Supply chain structures and reporting Thesupply chain compass – strategic assessment & improvement toolkit
- Engaging with stakeholders
Relationship to Procurement
- Defining the role and responsibilities of the procurement function
- Spend area analysis – strategic vs. tactical whole life cost analysis
- Defining organisational standards for optimum efficiency within the supply chain
- Supplier contract management, Full templates will be provided to enable delegates to measure and manage contracts, service and quality levels, spend and volumetrics,
- Defining the role and responsibilities of the logistics function
- Utilising the supply chain compass within logistics
- Establishing optimised logistics – journey planning, use of technology
- Hub strategies
- Multi modal logistics – opportunities and challenges within shipping, road, air, rail
- Environmental management and contribution opportunities
Warehouse Management and functionality
Bringing it all together
- Half day of practical exercises – delegates will create and test a cohesive supply chain strategy optimised for maximum operational and cost efficiency plus safety and environmental compliance as an action plan for their organization
Cancellation fee applies 7 days or less before course start date. Substitutions are allowed.