NASW-NJ & NASW-DE Legislative Education & Advocacy Day (LEAD) 2022
Each year, LEAD brings together hundreds of social work students and professionals in our State capital of Trenton. The event is intended to further social work students’ knowledge of the legislative process, grassroots advocacy and major statewide policy initiatives. Attendees hear from an array of passionate speakers from the government sector, community organizers and advocates.
This year, due to COVID-19 concerns, LEAD will be held virtually, but that hasn't impacted our lineup of great speakers and timely, relevant topics for discussion!
- The Legislative Process: How a Bill Becomes a Law
- Social Work Careers in Policy
- Achieving and Protecting the Rights of All Women & Girls
- Violence Prevention & Public Safety: The Community Care & Justice Initiative
- Immigrant Rights and the NJ Values Act
- And more!
More details about LEAD and the days agenda can be found at https://naswnj.socialworkers.org/Advocacy/LEAD
How to Register for This Event:
1. Sign up for a ticket at the bottom of this page by clicking “register”
2. Click the link below link to register:
Both ways will provide you with information to access the event (you don't need to do both!).
Zoom information will be emailed to you after you register.