This beginner’s to intermediate class is powerful even if you have some previous experience with Photoshop. You’ll get a full update on new features, brush-up on tools and work-flows, and learn how to apply professional working techniques. Using real world image files and professional work-flows, you’ll learn:
- how to enhance and retouch digital photos
- create compelling composites
- output files ready for print or online publishing
- Get familiar with the user interface, tools and workspaces, and learn important terms related to photo editing
- Understand digital photos, pixels and image resolution, and get an overview of the different image file formats
- Make photos look better using a variety of techniques
- Maintain a non-destructive work-flow that enables future edits and corrections
- Prepare photos for use in print publications, on the web, or in app development.
- Use layers and layer groups to organize documents
- Use selection tools and masks to isolate and work with parts of an image
- Control image selecting and blending using the Select and Mask feature
- Create versatile image compositions using Layers, Masks, and Text layers
- Learn sophisticated retouching techniques using tools like the Spot Healing Brush and Clone Stamp tool
- How does Photoshop interact with Lightroom
Saturday, August 4 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm AND
Saturday, August 11 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm AND
Saturday, August 18 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm AND
Saturday, August 25 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
This is a hands-on, four-part class. BYOC – bring your own computer. Please bring your own computer (Mac or PC) running Photoshop. If you don’t own a Creative Cloud license, you can buy a subscription at Adobe.com or download the free trial version. We will be more than happy to help you with download, installation, and set-up instructions ahead of the course. The course will also include lab exercises the students can solve between each gathering. We will supply exercise files, but you are also encouraged to use your own photographs.
About the Instructor
Tom H. Berglie is an accomplished graphic design specialist, textbook author, and Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro. He has more than 25 years of experience in newspaper design and production, journalism, and photography.